From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gene Fieg
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Replacing entry points after creating new/improved rda authority records

Do others agree with Mark?  A 240 is an expression as well as a 7XX, so why do can't we have a 240 and a 700 instead of two 7XXs?

In practical sense, for those ILSs based on the unit card, the 240 will display (without the coding) at the top of the record and will be recognizable to the patron.

Gene

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Ehlert, Mark K. <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
On Dec 10, 2015, at 4:16 PM, Gene Fieg <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

> Also if the unif. title is under an author, would there be 240 10 title. English and then a 700 10  Name. Title. Latin.
> Or are there two 7XXs instead??  This latter question has been just discussed.  I thought when unif. titles were split, one was a 240, the other is a 7XX.

Two 7XXs.  Each language expression is only one part of the whole resource.  Thus, AAPs for the parts are presented as a chain of analytical added entries.

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii