NAF n  85286906 uses the form Makuch, Andrij Borys, 1956-, citing this form in the second 670, which references NLC.  But NLC, according to VIAF, is now using the form Makuch, Andrij, 1956- (omitting the middle name).  I am cataloging Contextualizing the Holodomor, which has only CIP from NLC, and so uses the NLC form.  Should I change the NLC bib record or the LC authority record?  A search in WorldCat Identities suggests a slight preponderance for usage without the middle name, but not the preponderance LC normally prefers for changing the form of an AAP.  However, there are only two bibliographic records to change.

Michael S. Borries

Cataloger, City University of New York

151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor

New York, NY  10010