The PCC has posted a survey to encourage staff members and managers of PCC member institutions to express interest in volunteering for PCC working groups and other PCC activities. Please consider sharing the link to the survey with policy level administrators in your organization and others who are not PCC email list subscribers:
About the survey:
• The survey will be open through Friday January 29, 2016, and should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
• The survey asks for individual contact information, name, email and telephone number, as well as information about the individual's occupation and volunteer interests.
• The information will be used by Library of Congress staff of the PCC Secretariat and members of the PCC Policy Committee to fill volunteer positions within the PCC and will not be publicly shared.
Who should complete this survey?
• Staff members at PCC member institutions who would like to serve as a committee member, task group member, trainer, reviewer, etc.
• Cataloging/metadata department heads and policy level administrators who would like to be considered for nomination to the PCC Policy Committee (PoCo). This year, the PoCo is seeking candidates to fill openings for each of the PCC programs--BIBCO, CONSER, NACO, and SACO--for three-year terms beginning October 2016.
Your role as volunteer:
• PCC volunteers are expected to be active contributors. Volunteer work with a PCC working group requires a time commitment and agreement from your employer that you may participate.
• Most PCC volunteer work is carried out via email and conference calls; in-person meetings are usually only held for PCC Standing Committees in conjunction with ALA and attendance is not required. Questions or concerns about this survey may be sent to the Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division of the Library of Congress [log in to unmask]
Library of Congress