Happy New Year, everyone.

A fellow Cornell Library employee just asked me what I might know the
type of disks they just found a stack of in a box of archival
submissions (french lessons?).  Short of my experience with cereal box
records as a kid and magazine inserts later in life, not much.  Here
are some photos.

https://cornell.box.com/s/6yclc1zn7padx02o4ejll083etem0ohg

Without looking closely, I'm guessing that they play inside to out,
based on the blank material on the outside of some of them.  And that
the technology enabled multiple but independent tracks, i.e. that
don't necessarily play one after the other.  The keyed spindle must
prevent these lightweight discs from slipping.  The few disks I looked
at are only one-sided, but there are designations of "1" and "2" cut
into them.

Anyone have a machine made to play these?  Would it be foolish to try
with a standard turntable (after some closer inspection of the groove
to make sure it doesn't require the turntable to revolve in the other
direction)?

As always, I'm grateful for the community to consult here!

-Karl