No, I think Richards theory about the Tg is accurate about cold play. These
tapes do not show any of the signs of SSS but do respond to other methods.
Have I missed anything and someone was able to play them fine after baking?

Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
Hi Res scanning for film 8mm-35mm
www.audiovideofilm.com