Some Amazon reviewers have complained about the build quality of these, but
I find the Siig SonicBuds to be excellent, and they are only $10 at Amazon
(Fry's has 'em for $20.)

http://www.amazon.com/SonicBuds-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-CE-EP0012-S1/dp/B0082PVXE2

Great sound, tangle free flat cable, three different sized silicone earbuds
for comfortable fit.  I've used these for editing, and even some
preliminary mixing while on the road with my laptop, and they sound great,
more like a decent pair of headphones than earbuds.

Ellis

--
Ellis
818-846-5525