"Properly done, this benefits all, libraries as well as the general
public." Aha! Libraries. This thread finally explains to me probably why
both my local public systems (Boston, Minuteman) cannot be searched for
conductor, say, when a specific Beethoven symphony recording is wanted.
Uselessly, amusingly, however, every CD is described as being 4 3/4 inches
in diameter.