Actually, there's one Canadian cloud service, sync.com , that makes a point
of advertising that they are in Canada and not the United States, and thus
subject to extensive Canadian privacy compliance laws rather than the US
Patriot Act. Everything stored there is fully encrypted end to end from
transmission to storage to retrieval, with the user holding the only set of
keys; they cannot access the data, nor do they want to. (Their primary
target seems to be medical facilities who need HIPAA compliance, but they
offer to the general public as well.)

Michael Shoshani
Chicago