Hi Jayney,
Considering that it took 2.5 years to fill a 1.5TB LTO, I would consider
something cheaper. RDX may be a better option. With Win-10 installed,
you will have to go external. With HD's as cheap as they are, you may
want to consider using a couple of external HD's and separate those
geographically. I use HD's for off-line storage but only consider their
lifespan to be about 10 years so I migrate. Although I've had HD's fail,
I've got other drives laying around that are more than 20 years old and
spin up just fine. One possible argument for staying with commonly used
media and interfaces: It allows those who come behind you to access the
files.

Regards,

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
BTW:
Most IT guys live in the world of Linux and Unix.