Hi Jayney, greetings from France !

An intereting fact about RDX I believe : please check on the video I
just found there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65bpj1p26fU
and please do not miss the instructive comments among which one
understands that RDX is nothing else than a common 2.5'' harddrive
(brand is seagate) into a plastic box with a bit of rubber suspension.
Do not be cheated ! I believe a bunch of external drives  (USB or
E-SATA) will do the same job and save your money.

Having responsibilies in acquiring and preserving audio data, I usually
make use of CF cards, making saves on 3.5'' harddrives exclusively,
should they be raid arrays or non-raid, but always with redundant copies
stored in different places.
If LTO seems to be the best placed for long term preservation of huge
archives, I believe it is not convenient for a budget or a single
entrepreneur and that redundant hard drives may remain the most
reasonable option.

Regards,
Henri (like Corey a happy user in the easy world of Linux)

--
Henri CHAMOUX

Nelson Mandela on floppy cylinders or the digitization of the Rivonia trial with the archeophone :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUMobapuSk

The Dictabelt, a recording medium of the 1950's : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nRREq3v6vY

The Phonobase, 10000 early French cylinders and records online : http://www.phonobase.org

École normale supérieure