Hi Jayney, greetings from France !

An intereting fact about RDX I believe : please check on the video I
just found there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65bpj1p26fU
and please do not miss the instructive comments among which one
understands that RDX is nothing else than a common 2.5'' harddrive
(brand is seagate) into a plastic box with a bit of rubber suspension.
Do not be cheated ! I believe a bunch of external drives  (USB or
E-SATA) will do the same job and save your money.

Having responsibilies in acquiring and preserving audio data, I usually
make use of CF cards, making saves on 3.5'' harddrives exclusively,
should they be raid arrays or non-raid, but always with redundant copies
stored in different places.
If LTO seems to be the best placed for long term preservation of huge
archives, I believe it is not convenient for a budget or a single
entrepreneur and that redundant hard drives may remain the most
reasonable option.

Regards,
Henri (like Corey a happy user in the easy world of Linux)

--
Henri CHAMOUX

http://phonobase.hypotheses.org : les derniers documents mis en ligne sur la Phonobase
http://www.phonobase.org : 9600 disques et cylindres de la Belle Époque à écouter en ligne
http://www.archeophone.org : l'archéophone, lecteur universel de cylindres phonographiques
Le Dictabelt, support d'enregistrement audio des années 1950 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWAjKrve7A
Nelson Mandela sur cylindres, ou la numérisation en cours du procès de Rivonia :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6N0zhxNtMG8tcao84M
--
École normale supérieure
LARHRA - UMR 5190