David,

Ampex 456 is the "poster child" for Sticky Shed Syndrome. It was the
top-of-the-line tape at that point in time...and until the end of
Quantegy, although, I think GP9 came later (via 3M), 456 was still made.

I can't help you out with baking times for 2-inch tape, but temperature
is 54 °C. I suspect in a typical Nesco Food Dehydrator (with
Adapt-a-trays added for the height for 2-inch. I don't know if you need
one or two empty "rings" for 2-inch--I suspect two. If you have 14-inch
reels, none of the NESCO products really fit, but the big one will let
you do a 14-inch tape pack without flanges. 10.5 fits in the common
(lower cost) units that have Adapt-a-trays for them.

I attempt to keep this list up-to-date,  but maybe I should make some
additions? Anyone?

http://richardhess.com/notes/formats/magnetic-media/magnetic-tapes/analog-audio/degrading-tapes/

DO NOT try and play that tape without baking. Your audio guru who is
doing 24-tracks should be up to speed on this and should have baking
facilities. Some use scientific ovens.

Cheers,

Richard