From: Tom Fine
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2016 6:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound only to old Thomas Edison documentary

Hi Corey:

Bandwidth costs. Audio file downloads take bandwidth. I plan to develop my
website as part of
expanding my business, so I can't donate bandwidth to non-business
activities.

Archive.org would be a logical place for a lot of this, if their upload
interface were anywhere near
user-friendly. They have a bunch of computer geniuses involved there but
their interface is easy
only for a computer genius. They should crib the user-upload experience from
Youtube, then they'd
get a lot more interesting audio and other materials. Conversely, Youtube
should accept audio-only
files because first of all they could graft text-only advertising into the
video portion and second
it would give Google even more material into their proprietary data-maw.
It's a silly business move
keeping Youtube video-only. In any case, I only have so much time or
effort-space to do freebies, so
it's gotta be simple and fast. It already takes a considerable amount of
time to transfer and
process non-business audio content. But when I come across these oddities
that fascinate me, I
figure they might fascinate others and thus desire to share and discuss, I
guess it's
collector-extroversion syndrome!

-- Tom Fine