Hello,

20 years I could have said stop using dat and use this new Zip drive or jaz drive... Now with hindsight despite its pitfalls I'm guessing dat is the preference?

Personally I can't stand lto but still use it every day and wil do for many years to come because it's so wide spread. Therefore lto is my recommendation for your project.

Rdx is cool but you might as well use any hard disk right?  And we know that drives are for transport and not long term storage. So despite the attractiveness of rdx I'd leave it there.

My workflow in your situation would be cards to a computer with mirrored drive then once collected enough data purge to lto (pair) and then wipe drives but keeping the cards.

Out of interest do you suffer much data loss on the cards?

Sent from my iPhone