Thanks Alex,

Please see my >>further reply below.

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 00:33:44 +0000, Alex Tomlin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>20 years I could have said stop using dat and use this new Zip drive or jaz
drive... Now with hindsight despite its pitfalls I'm guessing dat is the
preference?
>>Actually, I record on Compact Flash cards because I don't think they make
>>DAT any more.

>Personally I can't stand lto but still use it every day and wil do for many
years to come because it's so wide spread. Therefore lto is my
recommendation for your project.
>>Is an external LTO drive any easier to install than an internal one? I'm
>>in Seattle and I have yet to find any place here that doesn't complain
>>about installation.

>Rdx is cool but you might as well use any hard disk right?  And we know
that drives are for transport and not long term storage. So despite the
attractiveness of rdx I'd leave it there.
>>So a 30-year RDX drive is the same as any other hard drive? How so?

>My workflow in your situation would be cards to a computer with mirrored
drive then once collected enough data purge to lto (pair) and then wipe
drives but keeping the cards.

Jayney Wallick Bard at Large www.bardatlarge.com (206) 286-6691"