Tom Fine wrote:

​
> With all this talk about backups and hard drives, I'm wondering if anyone
> uses a direct-attached

RAID to backup their main computers. If so, can you recommend some specific
> hardware? Thanks!​

​I use the WD MyCloud Mirror.
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1640

It's intended to be used as a NAS, though you can probably connect it
directly to your computer as well. I use it as a NAS and I'm able to access
it remotely and stream my music collection, or at least that portion of it
that I've ripped or downloaded.​ They SAY it can be backed up directly to
Dropbox, Amazon S3 or Elephant Drive, but it doesn't work (Dropbox by
itself will not back up network drives). However, I'm still happy to have
some automatic redundancy that I didn't have before, when I was just
backing up to two external drives manually.

--
Matt Snyder
Archivist