My dilemma is that I can't understand (as a human, and it may be even
more difficult for a machine) what the admin metadata modifies. So, in
this example:

a bf:Instance ;
   bf:title rdfs:label “Medical history” ;
   bf:title [a       bf:AbbreviatedTitle ;
              rdfs:label “Med Hist” ;
              bf:adminMetadata [
                    a bf:AdminMetadata ;
                    bf:source
<http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/organizations/dnlm>]] ;...

what is the <http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/organizations/dnlm> the source
of? I'm guessing it's thesource of the value of rdfs:label. Is that the
case? If that is the case, then a SKOS-like solution (and analogous to
one used frequently in BIBFRAME, e.g. for titles) would be to make the
label into a THING that the adminMetadata can address.

Similarly, in the ISSN example:

bf:identifiedBy
     [ a bf:Issn ;
      rdf:value “2168-7633” ;
      bf:adminMetadata
         [ a bf:AdminMetadata ;
         bf:assigner "United States" ] ] ;

with the "bf:assigner 'United States'" it is the rdf:value that has an
assigned "United States", not the bf:identifiiedBy. This can be
expressed in RDF.

My question is: is it always clear what in the graph the adminMetadata
refers to? I fear that is not the case, but more use case would be
needed to test that out.

kc

--
Karen Coyle