My dilemma is that I can't understand (as a human, and it may be even more difficult for a machine) what the admin metadata modifies. So, in this example:

a bf:Instance ;
  bf:title rdfs:label “Medical history” ;
  bf:title [a       bf:AbbreviatedTitle ;
             rdfs:label “Med Hist” ;
             bf:adminMetadata [
                   a bf:AdminMetadata ;
                   bf:source
  <http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/organizations/dnlm>] ] ;...

what is the  <http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/organizations/dnlm> the source of? I'm guessing it's the source of the value of rdfs:label. Is that the case? If that is the case, then a SKOS-like solution (and analogous to one used frequently in BIBFRAME, e.g. for titles) would be to make the label into a THING that the adminMetadata can address.

Similarly, in the ISSN example:

bf:identifiedBy
    [ a bf:Issn ;
     rdf:value “2168-7633” ;
     bf:adminMetadata
        [ a bf:AdminMetadata ;
        bf:assigner "United States" ] ] ;

with the "bf:assigner 'United States'" it is the rdf:value that has an assigned "United States", not the bf:identifiiedBy. This can be expressed in RDF.

My question is: is it always clear what in the graph the adminMetadata refers to? I fear that is not the case, but more use case would be needed to test that out.

kc