Besides 15/16th playback/record speed, the 680ZX has some unique
features. It has pitch control for both speeds, a removable plate in the
front just below the cassette door that allows easy manual adjustment to
the tape path guide and head height as well as manual azimuth adjustment
for both the playback and record heads. I've had one for about 10 years
now and although I prefer the CR-7, this deck has come in handy for odd
jobs. It's a pretty neat deck - all the adjustments one can make on this
unit is scary!

John Schroth
MTS