I hope to be seeing some of you at the Music Library Association meeting next week in Cincinnati, but for those of you who can't make it MLA will once again be streaming (for free) some of its sessions, and making those videos available post-event. The link to the stream is here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Bq7m4fWP4Xk<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ustream.tv_channel_Bq7m4fWP4Xk&d=BQMGaQ&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=y8gjSzCXrcyFEbWW8dBceAIiy6dK9EANOvN0_YIOO_4&m=Cviml8ihvAsjbWQVpfaNTC9ViFihqfvgyj95gHsVeaU&s=pNN8WMSfU5CJTVAijTNX0EzDAvOuG5jnsb10oVA0bcY&e=>, and the program can be found here: http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/mpage/mla_2016_program. We will be streaming the sessions from the room called Pavilion. Among the topics that might be of interest to ARSC members: "The future of our CD collections: evaluation of a new acquisition model," "Tell Me Something Good: oral history best practices for music librarians," "Plenary #2: Practical Application of Linked Data," "Music Discovery Requirements in Action," "Bridging Emerging and Established Approaches to Music Research," "Sounds of Stanford and the Bay Area: embedding the Stanford Digital Repository into teaching and learning," "Just Because You Build It, Doesn't Mean They'll Come (though they did come to fund the Fine Arts Library Recording Studio): using crowdfunding for special projects," and "Safeguarding the Past of the Future: digital preservation issues and practices."

Jim Farrington
MLA Convention Manager
Sibley Music Library
27 Gibbs St.