Actually, that was the one thing I always heard you could NEVER do with
Dolby encoded tapes -- dub them without decoding them.

I'm going back 15 years or so to remember this, but it is possible I did not
decode the Dolby on some of the analog copies I made, probably for test
purposes. As I said, decoding backwards was not my preferred method, but no
one seemed bothered by my concerns. I did the dubs per the request of the
reissue producer. If there were residual decoding artifacts, I never heard
them or heard about them from the others involved.