Hi Carol,
We will have a continued interest in collecting Chinese language materials on a fairly large scale as I am sure Virginia does for the University of California at Berkeley. I am guessing that it would be a good idea to have one university on the west coast and one university on the east coast, or one in the mid-west to pick this material up. I think CAPSEA members could work with you to decide how to keep this continuing so that if a participant somewhere down the road can no longer collect, that we can convince another institution to pick this material up. But I am sure you have Yale’s commitment (we should work out some sort of time period that we should be trying to commit to…5 years?) and I’ll bet you have Berkeley’s if not others. It may turn out to be more of a Black Friday sale where we are all trying to get part of the responsibility. That would be better than no-one willing to take it on! I just don’t think people will be disinterested!
Cheers,
Rich