I have created a "secret" Facebook Group for contract librarians and other contract personnel in federal libraries.  Here is its stated purpose:

"The purpose of this group is to provide a private and safe venue for contract librarians and other contractor workers in federal libraries to exchange ideas, promote discussion, and provide mutual support."

I have sent out a few invitations to join the group.  Membership will be open only to current government contractors working in federal libraries.  If you are interested in getting an invitation to the group, contact me via my personal [log in to unmask]  No vendors, company executives, or government employees will be allowed to join.  I will be vetting all membership requests.  Secret groups within Facebook have the following privacy policies:

Who can join? Anyone, but they have to be added or invited by a member with approval by the administrator.

Who can see the group's name? Current and former members.

Who can see who's in the group? Only current members.

Who can see the group description?  Current and former members.

Who can see the group tags?   Current and former members.

Who can see what members post in the group?  Only current members.

Who can find the group in search?  Current and former members.

Who can see stories about the group on Facebook (ex: News Feed and search)?  Only current members.

Feel free to share this message with anyone that might be interested.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Goldbelt C6
Technical Librarian
AFMC/AFRL/RIOSI
Library Catalog:    http://tinyurl.com/RomeTechLibraryCat
Databases Portal:  http://tinyurl.com/RomeDB
Journals Portal:    http://tinyurl.com/RomeJP
Library Webpage:  http://tinyurl.com/RomeSP
Rome Research Site
☎ (315) 330-7608
Library 📧  [log in to unmask]
How to setup outlook email rules if you want to get rid of my emails
automagically: http://tinyurl.com/6vlmfnm
The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Goldbelt C6, the
Air Force, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.