Good morning,

I would like to introduce myself as the new chairperson for the FEDLINK Education Working Group. I will do my best to fill this role as well as my predecessor did. Meg Tulloch led the group for several years and is now the FEDLINK Executive Director.

The mission of our group is described in detail below. We’re looking for new members to join us in order to continue to achieve this mission.  Meetings take place every two months and can be attended in person in the FEDLINK office, or by phone. There is no need for a member to be working in the DC area. In fact, it would help us reach the entire federal library community better if we had some members outside DC. Our current members work at the State, Interior, and Justice Departments, as well as Social Security Administration, and Army. It would be beneficial to have some representation from other types of federal libraries, as well.

This is a great opportunity to serve in a leadership role in the federal library community, while benefiting from the knowledge gained by working with colleagues outside your own organization. I know everyone is busy, but it is not a substantial time commitment. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us!

Thank you,
Jennifer

Jennifer L. McMahan
Deputy Director, Library Staff
US Department of Justice
(202) 616-8945

Education Working Group
The mission of the FEDLINK Education Working Group, a standing working group, is to plan, coordinate and implement educational programs which are based on the needs of the federal library and information center community to foster professional development of federal librarians and other library staff; and, to bring to the attention of this community current information policies, procedures, issues and technological developments that may impact the effective and efficient operation of operation of federal libraries and information centers. The working group supports programs in the following areas:
Initiatives