Dear Members of the LIS Community:

As you know, our MSLIS program is going through accreditation review in 2016. The department will submit our final accreditation report, the Self-Study, to the Committee on Accreditation of the American Library Association at the end of February. In early April, the accreditors will visit our campus. To prepare for this site visit, Dr. Ingrid Hsieh-Yee and Dr. John Convey invite you to attend the following events to learn about the accreditation process and provide comments or suggestions.

March 14 Town Hall Meeting for the LIS community
6:30 – 7:30 p.m.Monday, March 14
Location: TBA
Hosts: Drs. Hsieh-Yee and Convey
The accreditors are very interested in talking with our students and alumni. We will discuss how to prepare for your meetings with them in early April. We will also discuss other issues students and alumni would like to discuss.

March 15 Webinar for the LIS community
7:30 – 8:30 p.m.Tuesday, March 15.
Webinar link: http://catholicu.adobeconnect.com/march15webinar
Host: Dr. Hsieh-Yee
We will discuss accreditation preparation. Please bring your suggestions, questions, and comments.

April 3 Meetings with Accreditors
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.Sunday, April 3
Location: Group meetings with accreditors at the CUA campus.
We will have four groups to meet with the accreditors: Students, alumni, adjuncts, and LIS Advisory Board. The four meetings will take place at the same time in different rooms on campus. Meeting rooms to be announced. Please plan on attending one of the meetings. The accreditors are very interested in meeting you.

April 3 Reception for all LIS members with Accreditors
5:00 – 6:00 p.m.Sunday, April 3
Location: Mullen Library
Please join the party after your meeting with our accreditors. This is a wonderful opportunity to catch up with friends and chat with all the accreditors. Food and drinks will be provided.

For FAQs related to accreditation, please visit the ALA website.
View the December draft of our Self-Study here: lis.cua.edu/res/docs/self-study-draft-12-06-15.pdf
The final version of our Self-Study will be posted at the end of February on our accreditation site: lis.cua.edu/about/accreditation2016/#self-study

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Best,
Ingrid Hsieh-Yee

Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Ph.D.
Professor & Interim Co-Chair
Room 451A Columbus School of Law Building
Dept. of Library & Information Science
Catholic University of America
Washington, DC 20064

--