Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, March 2nd from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Advanced Legal Research on Lexis Advance," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

This program builds on the techniques presented in the “Lexis Advance: Introduction and New Features” class, emphasizing time-efficient and cost-effective searching. Legal researchers attending the class will be shown new methods that can be used to obtain supporting caselaw, statutes, law review and newspaper articles, as well as federal and state administrative materials. Participants will learn about advanced search techniques to make their research more efficient and hear about recently introduced services. The class will also cover choosing appropriate search types, Boolean operators and search syntax, and refining search results with limiters and search edit options. Instruction includes general search construction as well as techniques and options unique to the Lexis Advance platform. In addition, attendees will discover new tools to help them keep track of their research and monitor developing areas of law. This program will be conducted by a LexisNexis trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the temporary DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

Additionally, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit is being offered to Interior Department Solicitor's office staff that attend this session, in person or via webinar.  Attached are two spreadsheets listing the states issuing CLE credit for in-person attendance and those issuing credit for webinar attendance.  When registering using the link above, let us know if you are interested in CLE credit and for which state you would like that credit.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at library@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on March 2nd!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796