Job Title: Librarian (Detailee)
Department: US Department of Commerce
Agency: Office of General Counsel
Office: Commerce Research Library
POSITION DATES: June 20, 2016 – October 14, 2016
SERIES & GRADE: 1410/GS 9/11 (Detailee will remain at current grade level for the duration of the detail)
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Detail not to exceed 4 months.
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Current Permanent Federal employees in the Washington DC area who are interested in a non-reimbursable detail position.
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT CAREER BROADENING OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE AS A DETAILEE IN THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, COMMERCE RESEARCH LIBRARY. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS TO SOLICIT APPLICATIONS FOR A NON-REIMBURSABLE DETAIL UP TO 4 MONTHS, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF RENEWAL.
The Commerce Research Library is seeking a Marketing and Events Librarian to serve a detail lasting up to four months, with the potential for renewal for additional four month periods. The librarian will run the reference desk but will primarily assist with library events and marketing. This position requires a self-starter who is highly responsive to customers. Ability to multi-task and work on a wide range of projects at one time is a must. Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to write succinct, straightforward, and clear marketing copy is a must. The detailee will be fully trained in the position and will return to their agency with in-depth knowledge of and solid experience with library marketing and event management.
Event Planning and Management
- Learn Webex in-depth, including how to host a webinar from start to finish
- Help to develop a speaker roster from the Department of Commerce, other agencies, think tanks, authors, etc.
- Plan and run events, including logistics, booking the Library’s space, set-up, assisting with smooth event flow and attendee assistance, and event breakdown
- Post-event follow-up, including statistical reporting and analysis
- Collect data and analyze usage statistics
- Contribute to the development of the Library’s new website
- Promote the Library’s print and digital collections
- Assist with further integration of the Library’s branding across its physical spaces and print/digital media
- Assist with developing print marketing materials such as posters, handouts, book talkers, and signage
The Commerce Research Library is located in the Headquarters Building of the U.S. Department of Commerce in downtown Washington, DC. We have a mid-size print collection housed in a beautiful, historic space and numerous online databases that support legal and business research. We serve the public as well as the employees of the U.S. Department of Commerce stationed around the world. Learn more about us and our collections at http://library.doc.gov.
How to Apply
To apply send an email to Karen Krugman at [log in to unmask] with your resume and a detailed cover letter.
[log in to unmask]" align="left" hspace="12" alt="commerce_image" v:shapes="Picture_x0020_1">Karen Krugman
Director, Commerce Research Library
U.S. Department of Commerce
202-482-1154 (main) | 202-482-3070 (direct)