Call for Nominations for the 2016 Raymond Von Dran Memorial Award

Nominations are currently being accepted for the Raymond Von Dran Memorial
Award. The Raymond Von Dran Memorial Award is an award open to Catholic
University School of Library and Information Science/Department of Library
and Information Science (SLIS/LIS) alumni, instituted in the memory of
Raymond Von Dran, who served as the second Dean of SLIS (1983-87).

The LIS Alumni Association will present this award during its annual
Elizabeth W. Stone Lecture in the Spring.

We are seeking nominations of SLIS/LIS  alumni who, through their
contributions to the library and information science profession, have
exhibited the qualities Von Dran was noted for throughout his career:
innovation, collaboration, and leadership. You don’t need to be a CUA LIS
graduate to nominate someone!

Nominations (including self-nominations) will be accepted until 11:59 PM,
February 29, 2016, and the LIS Alumni Board will make a selection of the
final recipient with approval from the Dean. Please email your nomination
by completing the nomination form. <http://goo.gl/forms/bvHLxvsNnY>

For more information on Raymond Von Dran’s contributions to our field and
our department, and past recipients of the Von Dran Award, please visit
http://lis.cua.edu/alumni/vondranaward.cfm

Sincerely,

Ana Elisa
--