From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Carmen
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 1:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Cataloging Globes?

Thank you Scott.  Shockingly, I have never heard of this group and am very curious.

I am reading  up on them know.

Julie

Julie Carmen, MLS
http://works.bepress.com/julie-carmen/
https://cwu.academia.edu/JulieCarmen
http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliecarmen
http://newmedievalart.org/

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Julie Carmen <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Hello all,

I have the honor of cataloging our newest planetary globes at Brooks Library. One set will be circulating and the second set will be non-circulating.  I am not sure how to approach the task, other than creating a record in OCLC, adjusting header/leader to represent globes, putting in our local location with RDA standards, but as it comes from our GovPubs department, I'm just not feeling confident.

In addition, I am using RDA standards.

Before I begin my research in this new challenge, I am hopeful that some of you are familiar with cataloging globes and will share with us your best practices.

Thank you for sharing.

Julie

Julie Carmen
Assistant Professor |Cataloging & Digital Initiatives Librarian
James E. Brooks Library, Rm 103B
400 East University Way
Central Washington University
Ellensburg, WA 98926