*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at ALA Annual Conference in Orlando on Saturday, June 25th, 2016 at 10:30-11:30.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length.
Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
Possible topics include (but not limited to):
* Cataloging and metadata norms in hybrid and digital libraries
* Linked data implementation in libraries
* The impact of RDA on non-MARC cataloging
* Cataloging OER (Open Educational Resources)
* Experimentation with the BIBFRAME model
* Role of the cataloging/metadata librarian in data curation and research data services
* Cataloging/Metadata librarian collaboration with other library units and beyond the library
* Quality control and benchmarking
* Cataloging/metadata norms in cataloging education
Please email proposal titles and abstracts to co-chairs by Monday, April 11, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Susan J. Matveyeva and Robert J. Rohrbacher, CNIG Co-Chairs
Susan Matveyeva, PhD, MLIS, B.Mus
Associate Professor, Catalog &
Institutional Repository Librarian
Wichita State University Libraries
1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0068
Office: (316) 978-5139
Fax: (316) 978-3496