Hi all,

Some of you may be vaguely aware of some of the things I have been working on over the past few years, using Linked Open Data methodologies and a SPARQL endpoint to integrate authority records (EAC-CPF) with various digital archival holdings (namely, EAD, but also MODS and TEI). We have recently extended this system to link authorities with various other concepts represented by URIs in EBooks we are publishing to our digital library as part of the NEH/Mellon Humanities Open Book Project, as well as displaying resources within our numismatic database. Some of these things are discussed on http://eaditor.blogspot.com/, which is a largely technical blog about applying XForms and linked data to archival information systems (EADitor, xEAC).

I have not yet presented these recent advances with SPARQL formally, but will do so next week at the Computer Applications in Archaeology conference. The slideshow is uploaded to http://www.slideshare.net/ewg118/lod-for-numismatic-lam-integration and the abstract is here.

I will be writing a paper (Open Access, of course) later this summer, if anyone is interested in reading about all the nuts and bolts of ontologies, SPARQL, and information architecture underlying these integrated systems.

Ethan