Creation of an image service is in the documentation – lets meet tomorrow to review. One thing I noticed is that there is a unclipped copy of every tiff – do we need to store these in the GHE or should they be part of the long term storage?

From: Geospatial Hosting Environment [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of St Onge, Timothy Joseph
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 3:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NOAA 2016 West Coast Oblique Imagery in GHEARC

Tim,

I think you’re right, having everything grouped together in one image service would be the easiest format. Basically every image overlaps another to some degree, so an image service wouldn’t be able to show the entirety of every individual TIF file here. But I think the convenience of an all-in-one image service is the winning advantage here.

Tim St. Onge
Cartographer
Geography and Map Division
Library of Congress