Hi everyone,

Here are some of the latest datasets I've added to the GHE. I'm hoping to make this kind of email a more regular occurrence so that we all know the kinds of data going in to GHE and so that if a project comes up that could use this data, you can see that we've grabbed it for GHE. If you have any questions just let me know.

PUB:

-          NOAA_2016_WestCoastOblique

o   Oblique, geo-referenced imagery of West Coast of US collected Feb 6-9, 2016.

o   Source: NOAA

o   URL: http://geodesy.noaa.gov/storm_archive/coastal/viewer/index.html

-          ACLED_2016_AfricaConflict

o   ACLED Version 6 Data, includes locations and descriptions of political violence and protest in Africa from 1997 to 2015

o   Source: Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (independent NGO, links to University of Sussex)

o   URL: http://www.acleddata.com/data/

-          Newberry_2011_HistCountiesStates

o   Historical US boundaries for counties (1629-2000) and states & territories (1783-2000)

o   Source: Newberry Library, Chicago

o   URL: http://publications.newberry.org/ahcbp/downloads/united_states.html

-          NaturalEarth_2012_Graticules

o   Graticule lines at 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 degree intervals

o   Source: Natural Earth (public domain map dataset, supported by North American Cartographic Information Society)

o   URL: http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-physical-vectors/10m-graticules/

-          NaturalEarth_2012_OCE

o   Nested polygons of bathymetry layers of the world's oceans, derived from SRTM Plus

o   Source: Natural Earth (public domain map dataset, supported by North American Cartographic Information Society)

o   URL: http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-physical-vectors/10m-bathymetry/

-          NaturalEarth_2012_TimeZones

o   World timezones, derived from CIA World Factbook (May 2012)

o   Source: Natural Earth (public domain map dataset, supported by North American Cartographic Information Society)

o   URL: http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-cultural-vectors/timezones/

-          USGS_2014_CitiesTowns

o   Points of US, Puerto Rico, and USVI towns and cities with recorded population (March 2014)

o   Source: USGS

o   URL: https://cms.geoplatform.gov/node/243/5e39175c-54b1-42fd-8706-2b8ddf0b3336

LRP:

-          ESRI_2012_EuroStreetMapPremium and ESRI_2012_NAStreetMapPremium

o   Cities, highways, railroads, streets, and water bodies for Europe and North America

o   Source: Esri

RAP:

-          IHS_Dec2015_Basins

o   "Worldwide Basins" for analysis of petroleum systems and plays (Energy)

o   Source: IHS

-          IHS_Dec2015_Emissions

o   Global emissions data (Energy)

o   Source: IHS

-          IHS_ Dec2015_MUEP

o   Worldwide Midstream & Upstream, Exploitation & Production (Energy)

o   Source: IHS

-          IHS_Dec2015_Wells

o   Worldwide Wells (Energy)

o   Source: IHS