I think this is a great idea ... and I have a few things to share, too.
 More and more I hope we can organize a group on awards at our meeting
next month!

Cheers, Sharon

Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Massachusetts Center for the Book
617.872.3718 (Beacon St)
617.521.2719 (Simmons/Fenway)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 15:37:42 -0400, Kate Lentz  wrote:

       Hi All,
We're thinking about giving out an annual RI Center for the Book Award
to "an organization, business,library school or other group that has
made an exceptional contribution to one or more of these fields in
Rhode Island: Literacy, Reading, Book Selling, Books, Libraries, or
Writing."

How many of you are already doing this and if so, could you provide me
with a line or two about the award, how long you've been giving it and
how it's working? I know Nebraska is doing something similar (I used
their language!) but I couldn't tell if any other states are.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Kate

--
Kate LentzDirector, Rhode Island Center for the Book
p: 401.273.2250