Thanks, Pat, from me as well for explaining about the review process.

In addition to Karen's tip about the wordpress comments site (where I've already posted a couple of comments myself) I'd like to take the opportunity and encourage all constituencies to publish their responses about FRBR-LRM on their websites and communicate this via the relevant mailing lists.

Heidrun

Karen Coyle wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Pat, thanks for the more detailed information. I do wish there were a way to get clarifications from the committee, however. For example, I'm curious about the thinking behind the attributes for work and expression; why work has only "category" and expression includes specific attributes for music and maps. And why these expression attributes are present even though section 2.1 says: "... data elements that are viewed as specialized or specific to certain types of resources, are deliberately not represented in the model." I think you can see how one might have questions about this. It's hard to comment if one cannot ask for clarifications, and I've never met a 75-page standards document that couldn't use a few clarifications.

For those who wish to share and discuss (without having to copy myriad mailing lists), some of us have set up a blog that can take comments on the draft:

https://frbropencomments.wordpress.com/

It is a bit awkward, as blogs tend to be, but it at least gives a public place for your ideas. Feel free to add them as comments, and if you need a new section added, let me know or leave a comment to that effect and those of us who are moderating the comments will see it. The site can also serve as a kind of "executive summary" of the LRM, as we've copied salient bits from each section to the blog. Any ideas on how we can improve this are welcome.

kc