“J” appears to represent “special cases of batchloaded records” that have been “deleted by the institution that created them.” “British Libr. Group Batchload” created the record, so they must have been responsible for entering the “J.”

Deleted from what is the question—perhaps in this case the “J” is only stating local BLGB practice. The record appears normal in the LC shelflist.

This is what happens when Martha Watson’s advice (below) is ignored.  J

John G. Marr

DACS

Zimmerman Library

University of New Mexico

Albuquerque, NM 87010

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**

                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but sharing is permitted.