This may not be quite relevant to the discussion here.  But take a look
under Wesley, John. Works.  Two series in 1975 and 1984.
The one in 1984, first started at Oxford, but then Abingdon took it over
and numbering continued from one set to the other, but there are two
different authorized headings for the 1984 series as well as for the 1975
series.  And in the 1975, one is classed collectively, and the other as
monographic set.  I forget what we did locally when I catalogued; I may
have described separately and classed collectively.
In any case, these "Works" by Wesley can become and did become a bit
muddled in terms of description and explaining it to patrons and other
librarians.

Gene Fieg