*Please excuse cross-postings.*
The ALCTS Public Libraries Technical Services Interest Group (PLTS-IG) seeks proposals for its meeting on Saturday, June 25th at 8:30-10:00 AM during the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida. PLTS-IG facilitates active conversation among librarians to discuss projects, ideas, and practical use cases related to the work done in technical services in public libraries. We welcome proposals that offer practical applications and encourage audience participation and discussion.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
1. What tools are you using to create efficiencies in workflows?
a. Are they online or print or subject matter experts?
2. How has the use of outsourcing affected your workflow?
3. How do you handle different work styles and preferences?
4. How do you prioritize cataloging activities?
5. What strategies do you use to handle backlogs, if you have them?
6. Have you made changes to shelf arrangement or signage?
7. Have you been on a project with other libraries in a consortium to select a vendor?
a. What was the process?
b. What was the outcome?
Your proposal should include:
--Proposal description (up to 150 words)
--Name and position of presenter
We will notify you by Friday, April 22, if your proposal has been accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Caroline Saccucci (Co-chair) and Libbie Crawford (Co-chair)
CIP and Dewey Section Head and Program Manager
Acquisitions & Bibliographic Access Directorate
Library of Congress