This is the relevant excerpt from the SACO meeting

"Film terms based on artistic movements

This list included proposals to cancel the terms Expressionist films, Feminist films, and New wave films. Through consultations with stakeholders, it was determined that movements like Expressionism and Impressionism are often defined after the fact, that the terms referring to them are difficult to assign consistently, and that some creators reject those types of labels even as scholars categorize their work in that way. Further, styles that may seem cohesive and even obvious to a generalist may actually be quite diverse in ways that are clear only to scholars in the field. The meeting has therefore determined that the problems associated with their use are outweighed by the possible benefits; terms based on movements are ineligible for LCGFT."

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/saco/cpsoed/psd-160215.html

Best,

Netanel Ganin

Pronouns: he/his/him