There are cases where a pseudonym is used essentially as a brand for a set
of works, and other cases where the a pseudonym is adopted after a certain
point in a career.

J.I.M. Stewart, and academic writer, used "Michael Innes" to brand his
mystery novels.  Even if the Innes books were reissued as by Stewart, the
Innes name would still have value as an identifier for those works as a
coherent body of work.

In contrast, Frederick Manfred initially started writing under his real
name Feike Feikema, and then adopted the pesudonym Manfred for all his
works thereafter.  This is less like a branding and more like a name change
(or possibly a brand change).  Republications of the early works originally
published under Feikema have appeared under Manfred--or rather, all but one
have reappeared.  So far as I can determine, "Boy Almighty" has not been
republished since its first appearance under the Feikema name.

The question is, should main entry practice for "Boy Almighty" follow the
practice for authors with pseudonyms or the practice for authors with name
changes? It fits both categories.

Stephen

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:43 PM, McDonald, Stephen <[log in to unmask]

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota