I completely agree. This process should be far more transparent, and several librarians had a twitter conversation about this a couple week ago (#FRBR #FRBRLRM). So, we created this website:

https://frbropencomments.wordpress.com/

Please feel free to post your comments here. If you would like to be a contributor to the blog, email me and set you up with an account.

Best,
Amber Billey

Metadata Librarian
Columbia University Libraries