MARC documentation offers the pattern +-ddd.dddddd as one of the decimal degree formats we use in the 034 field.  There are 6 digits after the decimal point.  I have coordinate data with 7 digits after the decimal.  Is the length of the pattern numbering capped at "3-decimal-6"?  The MARC examples mimic the pattern.

http://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ad034.html
--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii

[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<http://www.stthomas.edu/e>