Hey Folks,

I have about 10,000  inch U-Matic tapes that we will deaccession and need to dispose of properly. They are music videos from the 1980s and 1990s that came from a music TV station. We are sorting through them and pulling out original programming, or items that fit within our collecting scope.

I have an Excel spread sheet with artists and songs if anyone would like to see the list. Of course, this material is now available in more accessible formats.

If anyone has any suggestions for disposal, recycling, tape art, or anything else, please let me know.

I have looked at a few resources, but would like additional input from the collecting community.

Thanks!

Curtis L. Peoples, Ph.D.
Archivist, Crossroads Music Archive
Unit Head, Crossroads Recording Studio

Contact Info:
Southwest Collection, Texas Tech University
P. O. Box 41041
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
TEL: 1+806-834-5777
FAX: 1+806-742-0496