Date:    Wed, 6 Apr 2016 20:00:04 +0000
From:    "Peoples, Curtis" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Video Tape Recycling

Hey Folks,

I have about 10,000 =BE inch U-Matic tapes that we will deaccession and nee= d to dispose of properly. They are music videos from the 1980s and 1990s th= at came from a music TV station. We are sorting through them and pulling ou= t original programming, or items that fit within our collecting scope.

I have an Excel spread sheet with artists and songs if anyone would like to=  see the list. Of course, this material is now available in more accessible=  formats.

If anyone has any suggestions for disposal, recycling, tape art, or anythin= g else, please let me know.

I have looked at a few resources, but would like additional input from the = collecting community.

Thanks!

Curtis L. Peoples, Ph.D.
Archivist, Crossroads Music Archive
Unit Head, Crossroads Recording Studio

Contact Info:
Southwest Collection, Texas Tech University P. O. Box 41041 Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
TEL: 1+806-834-5777
FAX: 1+806-742-0496