Woohoo!  Thanks to everyone whose hard work is now visible to all :)

Michele

From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Rush
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EAD3 Tag Library now available in HTML

All,

I'm thrilled to announce that the Encoded Archival Description Tag Library: Version EAD3 is now available online at the official EAD site hosted by the Library of Congress (http://www.loc.gov/ead/). Print and PDF versions of the tag library continue to be available from the Society of American Archivists (http://saa.archivists.org/store/encoded-archival-description-tag-library-version-ead3/4701/).

Like the EAC-CPF Tag Library, the EAD3 Tag Library is maintained in TEI, from which the HTML version is derived via an XSLT transformation. The source code for both tag libraries is available on GitHub at https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAS-TagLibraries

The EAD3 Tag Library is shared under a CC-BY license, and may be used freely with attribution.

I would be remiss in not acknowledging the excellent work of Karin Bredenberg, Florence Clavaud, and Terry Catapano in encoding and transforming the EAD3 Tag Library. It would not be available without their efforts.

Best,

Mike Rush

Your former TS-EAD co-chair