Registration is now open for the New England Archivists' June workshop "Records Management in the Round: Re-purposing your Archival Expertise to Start a Program" with Sarah Demb, Senior Records Manager/Archivist at the Harvard University Archives and Sarah Polirer, Manager of Corporate Research at the Cigna Corporation, CT.

As archivists, we're very familiar with one part of the "records lifecycle" -- how can we leverage our knowledge to make records management happen? This workshop will help you to use your expertise and skills to fill in gaps. You will leave knowing how to analyze active records and records-keeping systems to help ensure that what should come to the archives actually arrives, and what doesn't need to be kept is disposed of appropriately by the right people, at the right time.
     -- Can you carry out risk mitigation that keeps senior management informed and supportive?
     -- Do you have a disaster plan not just for vital records, but for vital systems?
     -- Are you protecting privacy and intellectual property rights while making information available and useful?

You will after this workshop!

WORKSHOP DETAILS:
Records Management in the Round: Re-purposing your Archival Expertise to Start a Program Instructors: Sarah Demb, Senior Records Manager/Archivist at the Harvard University Archives and Sarah Polirer, Manager of Corporate Research at the Cigna Corporation, CT.

When: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: New England Historic Genealogical Society | Boston, MA

To register and for more information, visit the NEA website.

New England Archivists
Communications Committee