From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moore, Richard
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Pseudonym used by many authors

Hello Michael

Do you mean that the name is a joint pseudonym? If so, I would follow whichever case applies in the FAQ:

http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/pseud.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.loc.gov_catdir_cpso_pseud.pdf&d=BQMGaQ&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=aK1gvC3Rf2oDooDSUQaPt6UiEGTPgQpU6cj8WbFFaiI&m=Wq6m0_s3-cZ-RR9F10YfcLa3BWD2YxsWaEZgBcJg6ms&s=otZom-bo-C3LHz5qO-tUNP0WlxbXQQiTJVt7FpNeti4&e=>

and use a 663 note as appropriate. You could also employ 368 $c; we’re a fan of LCSH here so would use:

368 $c Anonyms and pseudonyms $2 lcsh

Or do you mean that the access point is undifferenttiated? We no longer create undifferentiated NARs.

Regards
Richard

Richard Moore
Authority Control Team Manager
The British Library

Tel.: +44 (0)1937 546104

“You’re very clever, young man, very clever. But it’s turtles all the way down.”