From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of John Hostage [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Excessive simplification / was: FRBR-LRM: "agent" as an entity

Authors of IFLA documents try to be conscious of translation issues, and the question of using "persona" has come up in the past.  "Persona" is a word in Spanish and Italian meaning person, and apparently it can also mean persona in Spanish, but especially for non-native speakers reading the English document, it could be confusing.

John Hostage
Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger
Langdell Hall 194
Harvard Law School Library