Hi Nate and Ray,

Thanks a lot!  I will get my sample files corrected.

Amanda

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Trail, Nate
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] bf:mainTitle

Amanda,

The LC BIBFRAME  vocabulary is :

Project Documentation: http://www.loc.gov/bibframe
Namespace :                      http://id.loc.gov/ontologies/bibframe/
Web view:                          http://id.loc.gov/ontologies/bibframe
Ontology file:                     http://bibframe.org/vocab.rdf

The original LC BIBFRAME  was at
Namespace :      http://bibframe.org/vocab/
Web view:          http://bibframe.org/vocab/
Ontology file:     http://bibframe.org/vocab.rdf

You can either keep the same prefix and update the namespace it represents in you processes, or use bf1 and bf2 to mean each different one, if you have a system that has both vocabularies in it.

http://bibframe.org/vocab2/ was introduced in the BIBFRAME editor to allow extension of the original BIBFRAME as catalogers were creating BIBFRAME descriptions. That was only for use in analysis of potential additions to the vocabulary, and not a vocabulary in its own right.

http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/ is "Bibframe Lite vocabulary by Zepheira<http://zepheira.com/> " (see for example http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Agent/ )
It was created based on the original BIBFRAME as extended by Zepheira.

... and now I see that Ray has responded, so I won't go further ...
Nate

Nate Trail
Network Development & MARC Standards Office
LS/ABA/NDMSO
LA308, Mail Stop 4402
Library of Congress
Washington DC 20540