I agree completely with Stephen, however I do want to point out that the OCLC controlling software often does not actually work and flip headings once an authority record is changed. I don't know the reason for this, but I regularly email OCLC quality control to let them know that headings have not flipped when they should have.

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries
Box 352900